In this article, I share a bunch of the scripts I use in my work. All these scripts are used as templates for something special. The first script is used to convert FlexibleSearch queries into raw SQL. The second script shows all hybris types that use the particular type. The third one will help you with executing DDL queries on the database server remotely (such as ALTER TABLE, for example). I also provide the script for printing the database table structure and the indexes defined for it.
I updated the upgrade map for SAP hybris Commerce.
Using this reference you’ll be able to find a list of the capabilities you get if you upgrade your hybris from a version X to a version Y, grouped by a topic.
>100 articles in the blog:
- SOLR (partial update, multi-line product search, static pages and products in the same list, solr 6 in 5.x, 90M personalized prices, 500K availability groups, solr cloud, highlighting, 2M products/marketplace, more like this, concept-aware search: automatic facet discovery), explaining relevance ranking for phrase queries, enhanced multi-word synonyms and phrase search, query builders and multiMaxScore
- hybris runtime development tools (console API for beans, flexiblesearch, typesystem, logs, cronjob, visual representation of items.xml), chrome extension for Flexible Search
- promotion engine 6.x / drools / rule engine (expert customization, real ‘could have fired’ messages, promo calc cluster / promo as a service, using drools for product recommendations, excluding certain products from promo, realtime event processing)
- wcms (multi-country content catalogs, cms template structure reference, content slot restrictions, jsp variables)
- caching (page fragment caching (pfc), pfc & varnish caching, pfc & nginx and memcached)
- flexiblesearch (what you don’t know about fs, fs caching issue)
- data import (3.5 times faster than impex, mastering impex)
- pcm (using pcm for non-product items, crop/resize, product variants)
- personalization (prediction.io integration, personalized prices, personalized availability, product recommendation via promotion engine, realtime customer actions processing)
- other: hybris skill tree, travel accelerator 1.0 and travel accelerator 2.0, data migration (best practices, pentaho/kettle), ERP stock info integration, property files in backoffice, messaging (facebook messenger integration, microsoft bot framework), centralized sessions with redis, faster hybris startup, cockpit (expert customization explained, configuration), angularJS 2 integration, okta SSO integration, new eclipse plugin for hybris, geofencing, hybris 1.0, hybris 6.2 updates (beans/types, jsp/tags), hybris 6.3 updates (data model and beans), Crop & Resize 2.0, hybris 6.4 updates (data model)
- Concept: voice and emotion recognition as part of UI, barcodes and QR codes in hybris, server side PDF generation
The script I present today is designed for finding the references for any particular item in hybris. It can be useful if you want to figure out if the product or image or any other hybris object is used somewhere in the system.
Today I present a groovy script for creating a Flexible Search query for any hybris type. You can use the generated query as a template for troubleshooting or data reconciliation. It automatically resolves the RelationType and ComposedType attributes to make the result set human readable.
In this article, I share my scripts for hybris logging subsystem (changing a log level for any class on the fly) and intercontext bean manipulation. For the second topic, I introduce the scripts for printing a list of all beans of the particular context (such as storefront), executing a method from the any bean, including RequestMapping-defined page controllers, and printing all URLs these controllers are associated with. These manipulations help with troubleshooting and early identifying of misconfiguration issues.
The Groovy console is a very handy tool to develop and run scripts inside hybris without touching the source code. It is a very powerful tool for debugging purposes, especially if you need to troubleshoot the remote system. In this article, I collected some of the scripts I use regularly in my work.
In this article, you will find the SIXTH part of the 3-hour presentation given by Rauf Aliev (EPAM SAP hybris Solution Architect) in SAP Moscow on Sep 29, 2017.
In this video, I explain the details of the two solutions, Page Fragment Caching (including the variants with Varnish and Nginx+Memcached) and backend PDF generation using the templates.