In this article, we’re diving into the features that have emerged between versions 2023.1.1 and 2023.2.7 of the Plugin. No need for elaborate words, let’s get straight to the highlights:
- Project Import 2.0: An upgraded import process with automatic database integration and improved module management.
- Kotlin Integration: Now supporting Kotlin language seamlessly, making development smoother.
- CCv2 Enhancements: New icons and seamless module imports for CCv2. Improved HAC cluster support, OCC enhancements, and better Groovy script management.
- FlexibleSearch 2.0: A revamped FlexibleSearch language with new icons, folding, and improved formatting.
- Type System Evolution: Fresh icons for various types and relations, and a diagramming experience for Type System in Intellij IDEA Ultimate.
- Business Process Refinements: Better code completion, custom language injections, and enhanced scripting support for business processes.
- ImpEx Power-ups: Improved code completion, macro handling, and sld.enabled modifier support for ImpEx files.
- Bean System Mastery: New icons, code completion, and reference enhancements for beans, with conversion possibilities on the horizon.
- User Rights 2.0: Revamped User Rights support in ImpEx files, making management more intuitive.
The article highlights improvements such as:
- API Usage: How JetBrains’s latest batch of deprecated APIs impacts the plugin.
- SAP Commerce in the Public Cloud (CCv2): Dive into the new features simplifying developers’ lives, including the addition of code contributions based on JSON schema.
- SAP Data Hub on CCv2: Explore the complexities and solutions offered for projects utilizing SAP Data Hub.
- Type System: Discover the new usability improvements in preview mode and items.xml.
- ImpEx & FlexibleSearch: Understand the nuances and tweaks in action group displays and custom icons.
- Cockpit NG System: From commons to the business process, take a look at the new references added.
- Extension Info: Dive deep into the added extras for extensioninfo.xml.
…and a plethora of other essential updates, adjustments, and fixes to ensure smoother, more efficient operations for SAP Commerce developers.Read More »
In the previous part, we discussed the importance of redundancy and failover in a cluster setup and introduced JGroups as a crucial component of SAP Commerce Cloud for distributed messaging and eventing. In this part, we will delve deeper into troubleshooting common issues that arise with JGroups in SAP Commerce.
In this article, we will explore troubleshooting tips for common issues related to JGroups in SAP Commerce. We will discuss how to address data inconsistencies, handle dynamic IPs and membership discovery, and effectively monitor the cluster.
It is important to highlight that these recommendations were formulated and tested for the on-premise, self-hosted SAP Commerce. This setup is now rare, as many SAP Commerce projects have already been migrated to the cloud. In the cloud setup, such challenges may never be your concern, as they fall under the responsibility of SAP CCV2 support engineers. However, understanding the limitations and constraints will still help you build the solution correctly.Read More »
This article focuses on how SAP Commerce stores models in memory, which is a vast topic. To begin with, we will explore a relatively simple aspect, such as the unusual structure that appears in the debugger when trying to view the contents of any SAP Commerce model. We will also discuss how to access all the object properties contained within it.Read More »
- stopping support on the previous Spartcus versions (4.x);
- that Version 5 would be only available within an authenticated policy to SAP partners / customers; and
- Spartacus is renamed to Composable Commerce.
Read More »