Promotions in hybris
Promotion Engine was added to hybris in Jan 2016. Before that, the promotion capabilities were very limited, and extensibility was very poor as well. The promotion engine is based on Drools, the open source rule management system. It brought a lot of power, but it also added a new level of complexity.
- Promotion Mechanics and their implementation in hybris 6.x, — In this article, I explain how typical promotion mechanics are implemented in hybris, what is covered and what is not.
- Expert customization of hybris Promotion Engine, — I took two promotion mechanics that are not supported by hybris out of the box, The customer is on the list of TOP 1000 CUSTOMERS and The customer has more than 1 placed order and explain my implementation of them.
- Real ‘could have fired’ messages, — in SAP hybris Commerce, the promotion-related messages on product pages are not fair in fact. This PoC demonstrates how to display fair messages.
- Promo calc cluster / promo as a service, — In SAP Hybris Commerce, the promotion engine is part of each hybris node. In my PoC, the promotion engine is used as an external service for hybris. It adds a great scalability and performance.
- Using drools for product recommendations, — I demonstrate how to use hybris Promotion engine for product recommendations.
- Excluding certain products from promo, — I explain how to customize the promotion engine for such tasks as excluding the products from the promotion. It is not supported by out-of-the-box hybris.
- Realtime event processing. In this PoC, I integrated Drools Fusion (event processing) with hybris and demonstrated how it can be used for real-time personalization.