Monthly Archives: March 2017
Read about a “Image Crop and Resize 2.0”, the product we developed in a matter of days to win the competition in EPAM! The target was to create an extension for resizing and cropping images to a given size directly in hybris Product Cockpit. Eventually we won the contest!
In this article, I would like to introduce a new development tool, “FlexibleSearch Chrome Extension”. This utility provides an interface for hybris flexible search queries in more convenient way than hybris OOTB does.
>100 articles in the blog:
- SOLR (partial update, multi-line product search, static pages and products in the same list, solr 6 in 5.x, 90M personalized prices, 500K availability groups, solr cloud, highlighting, 2M products/marketplace, more like this, concept-aware search: automatic facet discovery), explaining relevance ranking for phrase queries, enhanced multi-word synonyms and phrase search, query builders and multiMaxScore
- hybris runtime development tools (console API for beans, flexiblesearch, typesystem, logs, cronjob, visual representation of items.xml), chrome extension for Flexible Search
- promotion engine 6.x / drools / rule engine (expert customization, real ‘could have fired’ messages, promo calc cluster / promo as a service, using drools for product recommendations, excluding certain products from promo, realtime event processing)
- wcms (multi-country content catalogs, cms template structure reference, content slot restrictions, jsp variables)
- caching (page fragment caching (pfc), pfc & varnish caching, pfc & nginx and memcached)
- flexiblesearch (what you don’t know about fs, fs caching issue)
- data import (3.5 times faster than impex, mastering impex)
- pcm (using pcm for non-product items, crop/resize, product variants)
- personalization (prediction.io integration, personalized prices, personalized availability, product recommendation via promotion engine, realtime customer actions processing)
- other: hybris skill tree, travel accelerator 1.0 and travel accelerator 2.0, data migration (best practices, pentaho/kettle), ERP stock info integration, property files in backoffice, messaging (facebook messenger integration, microsoft bot framework), centralized sessions with redis, faster hybris startup, cockpit (expert customization explained, configuration), angularJS 2 integration, okta SSO integration, new eclipse plugin for hybris, geofencing, hybris 1.0, hybris 6.2 updates (beans/types, jsp/tags), hybris 6.3 updates (data model and beans), Crop & Resize 2.0, hybris 6.4 updates (data model)
- Concept: voice and emotion recognition as part of UI, barcodes and QR codes in hybris, server side PDF generation
This post is a reference, semi-autogenerated. It shows the differences in bean definitions between hybris 6.3 and 6.4. Most of the beans have self-explanatory names, so I decided not to add any comments to them to keep the structure clear. Each section has three subsections, “Added beans”, “Changed beans” and “Removed beans”.
This reference helps with understanding of the key changes in hybris 6.3 the data model